Welcome to GitLab, a Git-based fully featured platform for software development!
GitLab offers the most scalable Git-based fully integrated platform for software development, with flexible products and subscription plans:
- GitLab Community Edition (CE) is an opensource product, self-hosted, free to use. Every feature available in GitLab CE is also available on GitLab Enterprise Edition (Starter and Premium) and GitLab.com.
- GitLab Enterprise Edition (EE) is an opencore product, self-hosted, fully featured solution of GitLab, available under distinct subscriptions: GitLab Enterprise Edition Starter (EES), GitLab Enterprise Edition Premium (EEP), and GitLab Enterprise Edition Ultimate (EEU).
- GitLab.com: SaaS GitLab solution, with free and paid subscriptions. GitLab.com is hosted by GitLab, Inc., and administrated by GitLab (users don't have access to admin settings).
GitLab EE contains all features available in GitLab CE, plus premium features available in each version: Enterprise Edition Starter (EES), Enterprise Edition Premium (EEP), and Enterprise Edition Ultimate (EEU). Everything available in EES is also available in EEP. Every feature available in EEP is also available in EEU.
Shortcuts to GitLab's most visited docs:
|Quick start guide||API|
|Using Docker images||GitLab Pages|
Getting started with GitLab
- GitLab Basics: Start working on your command line and on GitLab.
GitLab Workflow: Enhance your workflow with the best of GitLab Workflow.
- See also GitLab Workflow - an overview.
- GitLab Markdown: GitLab's advanced formatting system (GitLab Flavored Markdown).
- GitLab Quick Actions: Textual shortcuts for common actions on issues or merge requests that are usually done by clicking buttons or dropdowns in GitLab's UI.
- Auto DevOps
- User account: Manage your account
- User permissions: Learn what each role in a project (external/guest/reporter/developer/master/owner) can do.
Projects and groups
- Groups: Organize your projects in groups.
- Search through GitLab: Search for issues, merge requests, projects, groups, todos, and issues in Issue Boards.
- Snippets: Snippets allow you to create little bits of code.
- Wikis: Enhance your repository documentation with built-in wikis.
Manage your repositories from the UI (user interface):
- Signing commits: use GPG to sign your commits.
Issues and Merge Requests (MRs)
- Discussions: Threads, comments, and resolvable discussions in issues, commits, and merge requests.
- Project issue Board
- Issues and merge requests templates: Create templates for submitting new issues and merge requests.
- Labels: Categorize your issues or merge requests based on descriptive titles.
- Merge Requests
- Milestones: Organize issues and merge requests into a cohesive group, optionally setting a due date.
- Todos: A chronological list of to-dos that are waiting for your input, all in a simple dashboard.
Git and GitLab
- Git: Getting started with Git, branching strategies, Git LFS, advanced use.
- Git cheatsheet: Download a PDF describing the most used Git operations.
- GitLab Flow: explore the best of Git with the GitLab Flow strategy.
Migrate and import your projects from other platforms
- Importing to GitLab: Import your projects from GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab.com, FogBugz and SVN into GitLab.
- Migrating from SVN: Convert a SVN repository to Git and GitLab.
Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment
- GitLab CI: Explore the features and capabilities of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment with GitLab.
- GitLab Cycle Analytics: Cycle Analytics measures the time it takes to go from an idea to production for each project you have.
- GitLab Container Registry: Learn how to use GitLab's built-in Container Registry.
- API: Automate GitLab via a simple and powerful API.
- GitLab Webhooks: Let GitLab notify you when new code has been pushed to your project.
- Project Services: Integrate a project with external services, such as CI and chat.
- GitLab Integration: Integrate with multiple third-party services with GitLab to allow external issue trackers and external authentication.
- Trello Power-Up: Integrate with GitLab's Trello Power-Up
Administration documentation applies to admin users of GitLab self-hosted instances:
- GitLab Community Edition
- GitLab Enterprise Editions
- Enterprise Edition Starter (EES)
- Enterprise Edition Premium (EEP)
- Enterprise Edition Ultimate (EEU)
Learn how to install, configure, update, upgrade, integrate, and maintain your own instance. Regular users don't have access to GitLab administration tools and settings.